Tuesday, July 17, 2018

The Urban Street Photographer



Once you start looking at the city with a different chain of thoughts, it's not the same city you're use to walking around every time. I look at every city I travel to by noticing natural shapes, colors, and flow. Manhattan is one city that you can find everything you are looking for in a photo. Sometimes I just stand on a corner and just look around for my shot. People may be curious of what you are doing but in fact they are in their own thoughts moving along their way. If you have a zoom lens you might be able to capture their candid shot before they see you by not disturbing them. I find those are the best moments to capture a person's expression. After you take the photo you may find it to be a great photo of them acting in their normal way. You can approach them and tell them "Hey I took a nice photo of you, do you want me to send it to you?". That might be a potential client to book you for a photo shoot or an event. Sometimes you have to think outside the box and just go for anything you feel is the right thing. Ask yourself how do you want to capture the next city you are in?




No comments:

Post a Comment