Monday, November 12, 2018

Mystery Duck In Central Park



This was a ordinary morning meeting with photographers from instagram in New York. It was about 6:00a.m. at 5th ave. and 60th st. when we decided to meet up. We made our way into the park right before the sun came up behind the horizon. The location we started at was near Gapstow Bridge over the pond. There was a flock of ducks swimming in the pond and I took out my 70-200mm lens to get a closer view of them. After a few photos, I looked to review them and noticed something unusual about one of the ducks. All I could notice was the bright orange feathers coming out of the tail of the duck and the colors behind its head. The hair on the chest laid like a lion's mane. When I was done looking at the back of my camera a stranger came up to me and said 

"Did you see the Mandarin Duck?"  

No comments:

Post a Comment